Every Friday we're sharing some of the little things that have inspired us, simplified our lives or just made us smile this past week.
- The acts of racism that are repeatedly taking place around us have been making us feel outraged, saddened and helpless. These days are an important time to have open discussions on race and diversity with our children. Here are some books and resources we've found helpful or that were recommended by our community:
- Talking Race With Young Children.
- The Conscious Kid has been a great resource that we continuously rely on to provide us with the tools to have these critical conversations
- It's never too early to talk about race
- Children's Books with Characters of Color
- Here are some other children's books that specifically address racism and privilege that were recommend to us by our community: Undefeated / Not My Idea / Something Happened in Our Town / A Kids Book About Racism
- Currently in my cart: Excited to check out this coloring book featuring artwork from 64 artists from around the world. Each one drew his/her representation of hope during this challenging time and all proceeds go to benefit the Save the Children Coronavirus Relief Fund.
- Self-care is looking a little different these days with the 3 kiddos and very little personal space but it's amazing what a long hot shower, a few minutes by myself with a good book, or a zoom catch-up with some friends (with cocktail in hand) can do for the soul. I'm also very much looking forward to getting back to yoga. My favorite studio has been offering pre-recorded as well as livestream classes. And while we're talking about self-care, this article gave me a good chuckle!
Wishing you all a relaxing + peaceful weekend,